Thursday, November 20, 2008

How to Create a Free Website

You have a Blog, a photo stream or maybe some crazy-only you can make-products you want to sell. Perhaps you want to showcase yourself, your music or your professional services. Maybe you just want a free website! Here are some of my favorite places to go for a free website!

Step1
Research the best free website creators that are right for you. Which host will provide the file space you need and the capacity you want? Who offers the best options when it comes to function and capability?
Step2
My personal favorite is Weebly (www.weebly.com). I have two websites through them! You get two free websites (you either have to already own the domain name or you can buy one through them) before you have to upgrade to a Pro account. It’s free! You can add Google Ad sense in seconds and create an UNLIMITED number of pages! That’s right…you can have a HUNDRED pages if your heart desires. You can have unlimited Blogs and it’s simple to add a photo gallery or stream from your flikr account. If you would like to see an example of a Weebly website (this is where I plug in my little creation) go to my profile and click on my websites. Try it out…this is my favorite website creator!
Step3
The next one is Freewebs.com. This is my next suggestion. They have over 300 templates, forums and photo editing. Come to think of it, they actually offer way more than Weebly…but I have to pay my dues to my “first” right? Anyways, they also have chat rooms, advanced HTML options (I’m getting a little turned on, aren’t you?) and a member e-mail list (oh my gosh where have you been?). Okay, try out Freewebs first guys and girls…they totally rocked my world just now.
Step4
Next on my list is Doodlekit.com. The cool thing about Doodle is that you can choose which language you want your website to be in and they also hook you up with a newsletter creator (something I desperately need…have no idea why I went with anything else). They also help you out with SEO (search engine optimization) and bless you with IP addresses of each visitor and other fantastic statistics about your website. They also make room for a more advanced internet user with XHTML and HTML options. The coolest thing is that they allow you to create an alias e-mail address that will forward any e-mail to your real one. They are a real competitor with Freewebs in my opinion. Now for the bad news (sniff sniff). Most of these featurs will cost you extra. I know, I know! I got your hopes up...I'm sorry! They do offer a free service but also offer great "pay a little extra" features. Just make sure you do a little digging before signing up.
Step5
Now for an even bigger listing of free website creators, click here: http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/
Step6
The greatest thing about these website creators is that they basically walk you through everything! They explain the details so even the most inexperienced internet virgin out there can manage their way into creating an awesome, personalized...and best of all FREE, website.

No comments: